Re: [ietf-smtp] [Emailcore] Proposed ESMTP keyword RCPTLIMIT

2021-03-15 11:12:22
On Mar 15, 2021, at 12:59 PM, Ned Freed
<ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com> wrote:

The idea of a limits extension has come up several times before, but
for various reasons never went forward.

I think this extension is an important thing to have, so I've put together the
beginnings of a specification:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-freed-smtp-limits/

Thanks.  I noted that parameters for the "LIMITS" keywork are ";" delimited,
that's not the common pattern in EHLO keywords, where e.g. SASL mechanisms,
are space-separated.  It seems unlikely that limits will be anything but
boolean or numeric, and so ";" looks a bit out of place to me.

It feels more like MIME rather than SMTP. :-) :-)

--
        Viktor.