Re: [ietf-smtp] parsing SMTP replies

2021-03-19 07:15:30
Hi,

We (MessageSystems/SparkPost, makers of the Momentum and PowerMTA mtas)
already support interpreting smtp responses to infer requested behavior in
regards to the number of connections and message velocity limits. As Laura
notes, this is already established behavior with some large providers.
Today we have to parse the whole response string to comply with different
providers bespoke strings. A set of extended codes to make this
standardized and easier to parse would be fantastic.

George

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 04:55 Laura Atkins <laura(_at_)wordtothewise(_dot_)com>