Re: [ietf-smtp] [Emailcore] Proposed ESMTP keyword RCPTLIMIT

2021-03-15 18:47:04
It appears that Sam Varshavchik  <mrsam(_at_)courier-mta(_dot_)com> said:
MXes which do not announce their limits are going to dominate for some time.
So, I still need to do this for the foreseeable time. So, what does this
SMTP extension buy me? The only thing I can think of: not duplicating
messages when I don't need to.

But the thing is: I don't recall anyone raising this to me, as a problem.
This is not on my radar screen as a problem that wants to be solved.

I wouldn't think that your users would be very interested, but bulk mailers are
desperate for
any hints about how much mail they can stuff at people without getting blocked
or rate limited.

R's,
John