Re: [ietf-smtp] [Emailcore] Proposed ESMTP keyword RCPTLIMIT

2021-04-20 04:39:51
On Tuesday 20 April 2021 11:17:09 CEST, Laura Atkins wrote:
I don’t think a discussion about why or if it’s sensible will make any difference.

Agree. But I'll note that sensible technical reasons do exist. If a system is written with short-lived connections in mind (which can be a good idea or a bad one), supporting long-lived connections may be more trouble than it's worth, in several ways. Both in terms of time and in terms of actions done via that connection.

Arnt