Re: [ietf-smtp] [Emailcore] Proposed ESMTP keyword RCPTLIMIT

2021-04-20 08:42:53
On 4/20/2021 2:17 AM, Laura Atkins wrote:
I don’t think a discussion about why or if it’s sensible will make any difference. The companies who are closing the connections after X number of messages (5, 10 and 20 are all used) are not likely to either defend their technical decisions to the IETF or change their behavior after a decade and at least one whole infrastructure rearchitecture.

What we should be doing is figuring out how to make these limits more clear to senders.

+1

d/

--
Dave Crocker