Re: [ietf-smtp] draft-crocker-email-deliveredto

2021-08-01 22:11:16
On Mon, 2 Aug 2021, George Michaelson wrote:
Prior use is a problem, I agree.

I don't see why it's a problem. The reasonable thing for this draft to do is to describe the well established existing practice, since that practice is not going to change.

It turns out not to be useful for procmail. MTAs invariably have other
ways to tell procmail what the current delivery address is, via a command
line argument or environment variable, and it's up to the local
configuration whether to add the Delivered-To before the message is
passed to procmail.

I simply don't agree John.

Um, I'm not speaking hypothetically here. I've been running mail through pracmail with this setup for 20 years. A lot of other qmail and procmail and courier users do, too.

Regards,