Re: [ietf-smtp] draft-crocker-email-deliveredto

2021-08-01 22:24:53
On 8/1/2021 8:08 PM, John R Levine wrote:
    1. "still' implies that there was a previous call for text about history of use. Sorry I don't recall that request and a quick scan of the archive didn't produce it.

We've been through this before.  We have two decades of existing practice with Delivered-To.  An experiment that ignores that is a pretty strange experiment.

I note that you did not cite prior discussion of including history. This leaves your use of 'still' as still unanswered.

I note that you have also not answered the question of importance to the utility of the current specification, in reviewing the history. This is not an academic paper; it's a document specifying a use. The IETF doesn't use 'experiment' the way research does.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking