Re: [ietf-smtp] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-05.txt

2021-08-04 22:42:15
It appears that Dave Crocker  <dcrocker(_at_)bbiw(_dot_)net> said:
This has changes intended to cover the existing use of the field.

For covenience, consider:

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-05

It still is missing the point. The thing in the Delivered-To line is a
token, which usually is not an address or a mailbox, even though it
might look like one. The draft refers to "include each address
that led to the final delivery" or "Delivering the same message more
than once to the same address" or "The header field contains information about
the
individual mailbox" but the thing in the header isn't an address or a mailbox.

I still don't see any reason to claim this is an experiment. We have
20 years of experience with Delivered-To. It seenm unlikely that
anyone plans to change the way they do or do not add the header at
this point.

Once again, a survey of existing practice could be useful.

R's,
John