Re: [ietf-smtp] Appeal to Authority (was: Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-05.txt)

2021-08-05 20:40:27
On 8/5/2021 6:28 PM, Valdis Klētnieks wrote:
[~/Mail] find . -type f -mtime +7300 -name '[0-9]*' | tee /tmp/over20 | xargs grep
-i ^Delivered-to: > /tmp/deliveries
[~/Mail] wc /tmp/over20
  35421  35421 507694 /tmp/over20
[~/Mail] wc /tmp/deliveries
  13694  31246 801887 /tmp/deliveries

So literally*last century*  40% of the mail I kept around arrived with a
majority were various mailing lists (9,759 were various SecurityFocus lists,
2,306 from the NANOG list, and 1,629 from a total of 54 different sources
from literally every continent.

That's nice. However it does nothing to tell us what was IN those header fields. That's the issue that is being contested.

Also, you didn't provide any source data, or a summary of the details about that source data, except where the fields were generated.

So, again, it does nothing to aid in resolving questions about adequacy of the current draft text.

Now can we get rid of the "We don't have detailed technical information"
straw man to avoid admitting that this tag has been around for an
Internet-archaeological amount of time?

No.

Feel free to try again. You might want to review the recent email discussion, to clarify what questions are at issue.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking