Re: Modest Proposal

1999-05-12 14:39:51

I'm dubious about the modest proposal, but both image/svg or image/svg-xml
seem much more useful than image/xml.  -Tim

Yes, I agree. And I don't see the value of image/svg-xml, since there is
not likely to be a different, non-xml, svg.

I think that the benefit is to user agents that don't already know what
SVG is.  When presented with a resource of type image/svg they need to
punt.  If the resource was image/svg-xml it would be clear at least that
it could be parsed as XML, even if rendition would be somewhat useless.

I don't think this is useful, but I think that was the intent of the
original proposal.

--
Shane P. McCarron                              phone: +1 612 434-4431
Testing Research Manager                         fax: +1 612 434-4318

OSF/1, Motif, UNIX and the "X" device are registered trademarks in
the US and other countries, and IT DialTone and The Open Group are
trademarks of The Open Group.