Re: Requesting a revision of RFC3023

2003-09-19 05:13:29

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 03:50:11 +0200
Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net> wrote:

You want to change something that has been STRONGLY RECOMMENDED for over
five years to (ideally) MUST NOT just because it could cause trouble
when used improperly or with broken implementations. Today I am good
with web standards if I use the charset parameter, tommorow I am bad
with web standards if I do. What's next on #W3C? Use tables for layout
because people could get CSS wrong and old browsers get some CSS wrong?
I don't think this leads anywhere.

I believe that SOAP implementations use the charset parameter.  If we
remove the charset parameter, we will make them non-conformant.

Cheers,

--
MURATA Makoto <murata(_at_)hokkaido(_dot_)email(_dot_)ne(_dot_)jp>