Re: IETF Adelaide and interim meetings for APPS WGs

2000-02-15 11:40:02
The problem I have with the Adelaide meeting is very simple.  With so
few working groups holding sessions, I can't justify making the trip.
This would be true for a meeting at any location more than 400 miles
away.  If only one group that I am interested in is holding a session,
I can't go.  The powers that be just won't approve it.

So the side effect of not holding a session is that not only have the
working groups decided that they do not want the interest and
participation of non-U.S. members, but they don't want the interest
and participation of U.S. members either.

This leads me to question why the working group is in fact a working
group in the IETF.

    Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer * Kermit-95 for Win32 and OS/2
                 The Kermit Project * Columbia University
              612 West 115th St #716 * New York, NY * 10025
  http://www.kermit-project.org/k95.html *
kermit-support(_at_)kermit-project(_dot_)org