Re: IETF Adelaide and interim meetings for APPS WGs

2000-02-15 16:40:02
I think that, believing that the world is no bigger than America is a common
problem among many US citizens. No offense, so would I if I lived in US,
because after all there is quite a few states and cities to keep track of.
But my point is that we, including the Americans, speak so proudly of the
Internet as this global network interconnecting millions of computers around
the world providing a relatively cheap means of communicating and informing
across borders. Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia have all payed their part
of what makes up this Internet, just like the US have. And yet some US
citizens feel that the 'net somehow belongs to them and that they are
superior in deciding its future. Luckily, German Daimler-Benz wasn't that
short-sighted when they invented the automobile a century ago.

- Anders Feder