WaveLAN Bronze and IETF wireless?

2000-03-27 06:10:02

I hate to bug the list with this, but I suspect I may not be the only one
with this problem.

I brought with me to IETF 47 a WaveLAN Turbo Bronze wireless card which I
use daily in my office at home, but it doesn't appear to work with the
WaveLAN-Silver-based wireless net here (the LEDs flash briefly as though
it's not finding the named network).  Other folks here with Bronze cards
also find they don't work, regardless of laptop or OS.  So are we bronze
toters just out of luck?  Is it a known thing that WaveLAN Bronze cards
are not interoperable with Silver?  Anything to be done to fix?

Thanks for any info,

 - RL "Bob"