Re: breaking the IP model (or not)

2000-04-11 00:30:03
it's completely natural that people will try such approaches -
they are trying to address real problems and they want quick
solutions to those problems.

In particular, they will try such approaches if they are not
presented with better alternatives.

there's something odd to my ear about people needing to
*be presented* with better alternatives than doing harm to the architecture
as opposed to those people *developing* better alternatives.

I suspect there's something about the current economic climate that
favors development of quick fixes over development of sane ones.
but the apparent shortsightedness still bothers me.

Keith