re: Financial Stnadards Work group?

2000-05-14 10:30:02
Musandu <musandu(_at_)arcc(_dot_)or(_dot_)ke> writes:

>It may just be time for the IETF to develop a financial standards
>work group separate from the applications work group. I can even >forsee a Simple Cash Transfer Protocol? any objections?

There is an ANSI Financial Standards body (X9) which is also chair of the ISO Financial Standards group.

The electronic commerce payments working group (X9A10) has a draft standard for all electronic retail payments (debit, credit, pre-paid, electronic cash, etc) .. X9.59.

misc. ref

http://www.x9.org/
http://www.x9.org/main_organization.html
http://www.x9.org/subcomms/x9a/general/public/general.html
http://www.tc68.org/
http://www.x9.org/n20.html
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/99.html#224
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/8583flow.htm
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/draft-wheeler-ipki-aads-01.txt

& of course my rfc index is also at:

http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/rfcietff.htm

as well as ietf, payments, security, X9F, and financial glossaries

--
Anne & Lynn Wheeler      lynn(_at_)adcomsys(_dot_)net,
lynn(_at_)garlic(_dot_)com