re: Financial Stnadards Work group?

2000-05-20 23:40:04
X9.59 is a financial industry standard for all account-based electronic retail transactions.

In the AADS strawman chip scenerio for X9.59 ... whether debit, credit, prepaid, etc. , the chip would sign a X9.59 transaction and work identical whether it was at person's PC or at point-of-sale (it works the same whether any ietf internet infrastructure is involved or existing financial network infrastructure)

Such an AADS strawman chip scenerio for X9.59 would work the same regardless of internet, no-internet, point-of-sale, debit, credit, pre-paid, bank, subscriber, isp. (the AADS strawman chip scenerio also works the same for non-X9.59 AADS scenerios like AADS radius, ISP authenticated access, webserver authenticated access, VPN authentication operation, etc).

There are some issues for the AADS strawman chip scnerio for X9.59, like contact or contactless. Contact would be standard existing chipcard standard and would be useable in existing chipcard contact readers. The contactless standards are less well accepted ... but establishing a contactless accepted standard would free up the AADS strawman chip to become form-factor agnostic (i.e. an AADS strawman chip could imbedded into almost any shape and be able to operate).

The AADS chip strawman scenerio for X9.59 not only proposes that it is the same regardless of whether it is Internet or non-internet, but also whether it is credit, debit, pre-paid, authenticated access, existing financial infrastructure, point-of-sale, who the bank is, face-to-face physical, who the service provider is, as well as what country that it might operate in