New mailing list?

2000-05-21 05:50:02
At 07:31 PM 5/13/00 -0800, ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)INNOSOFT(_dot_)COM wrote:
> Actually, there *ARE* important issues here.

> Would the IESG support the creation of a WG to discuss these, with the
> charter of producing a BCP documenting what *should* be done to minimize
> these risks in today's internet?

Talking about a WG seems premature. The first step would be to start a
discussion list and maybe schedule a BOF. If those steps prove fruitful
a WG would be a possibility.

I can set up a mailing list if you like.

Loath as I am to subscribe to yet another mailing list, one dealing with ways to control the spread of malicious content is one that I think would be very worthwhile.

#g

(Who uses an 8-year old version of Microsoft Word, in part as a precaution against macro viruses ;-)

Graham Klyne
(GK(_at_)ACM(_dot_)ORG)