Re: HTML email

2000-05-18 22:00:02
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 13:51:35 +1000 (EST)
From: Bruce Campbell <bruce(_dot_)campbell(_at_)apnic(_dot_)net>
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: HTML email
      [...]
tytso> I wonder how many people are still using plain-text,
tytso> non-HTML enabled mail readers?  ...

Just a quick survey on the last 513 messages seen in the IETF list, based
on X-Mailer header:
      [...]

Most of these do natively understand HTML email to a certain extent, or
can be configured to pass HTML email to an outside viewer, and a small
number send HTML email by default (based on personal experience).  I don't

If I count correctly, your list contains 284 samples.  I suspect that
a good number of the remaining 229 mail messages were created by older
mailers that don't generate an X-Mailer header.

I assume this message doesn't contain an "X-Mailer: Berkeley Mail forever"
header.

(Ok, ok.  I have been known to use vi as my HTML editor, too...)

-tjs

And, from NANOG (I deleted most of the headers, but I didn't see an
X-Mailer:):