Re: HTML email

2000-05-19 13:40:03
   Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 23:54:01 -0500 (CDT)
   From: Tim Salo <salo(_at_)networkcs(_dot_)com>

   > Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 13:51:35 +1000 (EST)
   > From: Bruce Campbell <bruce(_dot_)campbell(_at_)apnic(_dot_)net>
   > To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
   > Subject: Re: HTML email
   >    [...]
   > tytso> I wonder how many people are still using plain-text,
   > tytso> non-HTML enabled mail readers?  ...
   >
   > Just a quick survey on the last 513 messages seen in the IETF list, based
   > on X-Mailer header:

   If I count correctly, your list contains 284 samples.  I suspect that
   a good number of the remaining 229 mail messages were created by older
   mailers that don't generate an X-Mailer header.

.... and it's likely that most of the 229 mail messages created by
"older mailers" don't deal with HTML, and possibly not with MIME,
either.

                                        - Ted

                                        (who is still using emacs RMAIL
                                        to read his mail)