HTML email

2000-05-15 15:30:02
Vernon Schryver wrote:

The practice of sending both HTML and cleartext of supposedly the same
message reflects very poorly on those who do it intentionally and on those
who cause MUA's to trick others into doing it unintentionally.  Never mind
the security issues, but consider only the wastes of disk space, CPU
processing, network bandwidth, and the inevitable differences between the
two versions.  If the two messages were the same, then there would be no
excuse for sending both.  If they differ, then one must be wrong, and
sending both is worse than a waste.

So why does multipart/alternative exist?

--
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|