re: Financial Stnadards Work group?

2000-05-21 06:20:02
Hmmm... a new IETF working group does not a new standard make -- necessarily.

I would suggest clearly documenting the _requirements_ (or goals) for such a protocol, publishing them as an Internet Draft, and see if anyone expresses interest. Then you can have a debate about whether and why the existing standards are or are not adequate. And maybe (just maybe) there will be a case to design a new protocol, or protocol extensions.

#g