Re: HTML in e-mail (Was: VIRUS WARNING)

2000-05-22 09:50:03
Hello Jacob,

At 19:51 12/05/00 +0200, Jacob Palme wrote:
At 13.59 -0400 0-05-11, Scot Mc Pherson wrote:
     I am not so sure I totally agree. Why exactly do we need HTML based
e-mail...Is it really necessary? E-mail is a service for transmitting a
written message, and written messages certainly don't require background
graphics or a full blown graphically based webpage.

Why should not graphics be of value in e-mail, when it is of
value in most other media like web pages, books, newspapers,
magazines, etc? Why should the e-mail medium not benefit
from graphics to enhance understandability and readability?

Much more, I like the posiblity to add inteligence on e-mail address and
HTML not only in the body, I like it i.e. in the "acuse de recibo" (sorry I
dont know the name of this in English it´s when you sing that you get a
message), for instance in this mesage I can  put bottons when people in
this list can click, one saying you are idiot, another go ahead i like it,
other I don´t understand you,... so I can get feedback for the people in
this list that don´t reply but maybe like to click in a buttom.

Of course not only text buttoms, you know painters when something is bad
say that its purple, something neutro they call it green, something cool is
yellow, so may be a painters list group want a "acuse de recibo" of one
colour and when you put a message you get a mix of the colours in a picture
as feedback, or musicians do something similar with music, or yoguis that
can control they heart pulsations transmit their pulsations for
coordination of their hearts in a yoga experience,... who knows the best
way to get the feedback goal of simbiosis whith others?, we cann´t put
limits to cultural manifestations but those which come from security and
privacy issues as well as give efective filtering posibilities for users.

Best Regards,
Salva

Jacob Palme <jpalme(_at_)dsv(_dot_)su(_dot_)se> (Stockholm University and KTH)
for more info see URL: http://www.dsv.su.se/jpalme/