Re: VIRUS WARNING

2000-05-12 09:10:02
On Fri, 12 May 2000 Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu wrote:
Incidentally, this is exactly the same issue as "attach a file to an e-mail"
versus "send the recipient a note, copy the file to a ftp/web server, wait
for him to retrieve it, and then remember to clean it up afterwards".

Only if the e-mail client in question automatically executes the attached
file.

Indeed, I don't think any of the people who are complaining about the
"HTML in e-mail" issues would complain about someone sending an e-mail
with an HTML file as an attachment.  At least, not as I understand their
arguments against it.

At any rate, it is certainly not "exactly the same issue" - people have
expounded upon the differences already.

-=I would imagine that if 1000 Rwandan's were hacked to death AT THE EXPO,
people would sure have raised a stink.=-