RE: Mailing lists (was Re: IETF, ITU-T membership)

2000-06-15 10:20:01
I think that is an excellant idea, or do I make a poor assumption that the
author will always know where the discussion is taking place? Is there an
'authority' that knows where discussion for each and all drafts is taking
place? just curious.

David A. Higginbotham
Principal MIS
Hazen & Sawyer

-----Original Message-----
From: Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu
[mailto:Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu]
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2000 12:24 PM
To: Pankaj K Jha
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000 08:55:52 PDT, Pankaj K Jha said:
It's truly irritating that people do not spend their time responding
to technical
issues, but they are so fast in responding to non-tech and spam
emails. Maybe

Perhaps the replies to technical issues are just as fast, but are taking
place
in other venues than the main IETF list.  I'll admit that I've not
posted much
to the IETF-SMTP or IETF-822 mailing lists of late, but they've been
pretty
quiet.  The big discussion regarding RFC1191 Path MTU Discovery is
currently
over on the NANOG list (which isn't an IETF list, but that's where it's
going
on at the moment).  I expect that technical discussion of Lahey's
ietf-draft
regarding Path MTU Discovery will go on someplace else other than this
list
as well.

On a related note, I noticed that IETF draft announcements do *NOT* list
a vector pointing to where discussion of the draft should be directed.
Although the author's address is available down in the draft, should
there
be a 'Discussion regarding this draft should go to mailto:list(_at_)wherever'
field?

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst