RE: WAP Is A Trap -- Reject WAP

2000-06-20 07:30:02
Mohsen Banan,

I tried hard to agree what you said - but many inaccuracies and
assumptions made in the article made my task so hard that I had to
finally give up reading it. Having spent last several years in the
wireless industry, and also having written some "not-so-open" as you
say, but widely adopted wireless specifications nevertheless, I have
some sympathy with your cause. But you may need to weed out some of
the rhetoric that is not technically correct.

It is an open secret that wireless industry is a closed cartel of
three super heavyweights (Motorola, Ericsson, and Nokia) and two heavy
weights (Lucent and Nortel). There is no role for any smaller
organization in the set up. Hope God give you wisdom to  accept this
truth with cheerfulness, as many other small companies in the wireless
industry have accepted ;-).

Cheers,

--brijesh
(my personal opinion only, and  this in no way represents opinion of
my employer.)

PS: By the way, ReFLEX is perfectly fine for two way messaging
applications.

                   The WAP Trap

  An Expose of the Wireless Application Protocol

 Mohsen Banan <public(_at_)mohsen(_dot_)banan(_dot_)1(_dot_)byname(_dot_)net>
                       for:
           Free Protocols Foundation
          http://www.FreeProtocols.org

                  Version 1.6