RE: Is WAP mobile Internet??

2000-07-05 08:00:02
At 15.15 +0100 00-07-05, Parkinson, Jonathan wrote:
I disagree, WAP, Wireless Application Protocol, Its a way of transmitting
data I.E. to and from the Web. How does this not fall under the Internet
Umbrella ?

Things connected to the "Internet" is able to exchange IP packets from other things connected to the "Internet".

"web" is one application which can run where one have access to the Internet, and in some cases, you can even access the data "on the web" by using other services, like WAP.

   Patrik Faltstrom
   Area Director, Applications Area