Re: draft-ietf-nat-protocol-complications-02.txt

2000-07-13 17:20:04
Keith;

If IETF makes it clear that AOL is not an ISP, it will commercially
motivate AOL to be an ISP.

probably not.  folks who subscribe to AOL aren't likely to be
reading IETF documents.

AOL will be motivated but, considering other factors, may not
change the current practice.

That's fine.

face it, it's not the superior quality of AOL's service that keeps
AOLers from moving - it's their susceptibility to marketing BS and
their addiction to chat rooms.  it's hard to help those people.

I'm no user of AOL that I don't have to face it.

It is arrogance of you if you think you must help AOL users.

Just make the IETF definition of "ISP" clear and let ISP competitors
of AOL give reasons to say "AOL is not ISP".

                                                        Masataka Ohta