Re: getting IPv6 space without ARIN (Re: PAT )

2000-08-17 16:20:02
Daniel,

For all the sites in the world who'd LIKE
to be able to have an upstream to provide IPv6, but for whom such
doesn't exist, and probably won't for a long time, some one or few
organizations should look into buying a block of IPv6 space, setting up
a few routers which can handle lots of tunnels, and build a virtual IPv6
upstream.

I'm sorry if I was unclear.  I was speaking of IPv6 network topology
when I was saying "upstream provider", regardless of whether that
provider is using native IPv6 or tunnels or whatever.  The ISP providing
the service provider endpoint of the tunnel should allocate space to
their customer, even if that customer is getting to them via a tunnel
through another ISP.

I'm surprised this isn't already on the service menu of those ISPs that
have begun deploying IPv6...

Rgds,
-drc