Re: getting IPv6 space without ARIN (Re: PAT )

2000-08-18 08:10:02
"David R. Conrad" wrote:

[I suspect this should probably go over to ipng or something, so this'll
be my last post]

Yes.

You can't simply banish multihoming by fiat

Wouldn't think of it (always thought the arguments that multi-homing to
different providers wasn't necessary were unrealistic).

But I thought the official solution to multi-homing in v6 was an
(provider allocated) address per interface.  I will admit I haven't been
following this too closely.  Which document(s) did I miss?

There are multiple solutions or proto-solutions, including the ones
that we use for IPv4. But it's a hard problem (not because of IPv6
particularly - it's intrinsically hard). So it is an ongoing discussion
in the WG.

  Brian