Re: getting IPv6 space without ARIN (Re: PAT )

2000-08-17 15:20:02
On Thu, 17 Aug 2000 15:09:48 EDT, Thomas Narten said:
Trolling is no more appropriate.

smd(_at_)ebone(_dot_)net (Sean Doran) writes:
"Your prefix should *eventually* come from your upstream providers,
when and if you acquire them"?   Or am I missing something fundamental?

Odd.. I didn't read it as a troll.  I read it as Sean asking Brian to
explain exactly how the "then the magic happens" part of prefix allocation
is supposed to happen.

Personally, I see a major swamp of private 6-over-4 tunnels between
early implementors just WAITING to happen.  It;'s not bad if there's 2 or 3
or 5 sites, but it's just a tad more then O(n)... ;)

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst