Re: Topic drift Re: An Internet Draft as reference material

2000-09-25 13:40:02
On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 15:31:36 EDT, "J. Noel Chiappa" said:
I suppose the risk here might be reduced a tiny bit if such an archive
didn't make old I-D's available directly (i.e. via a URL) - i.e. you'd have
only a "search page" where you'd have to enter some data and press a button
to get an I-D.

Umm.. Noel?

I just checked - my browser bookmarks include at least 5 bookmarked references
to the output of search pages.  People are going to do it. ;)

All this is going to do is make for UGLY references that you'll need OCR
gear to get back out of the book and into a browser. ;)

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst