Re: Topic drift Re: An Internet Draft as reference material

2000-09-25 17:10:02
At 06:33 PM 9/25/00 -0400, Keith Moore wrote:
> >I suppose the risk here might be reduced a tiny bit if such an archive
> >didn't make old I-D's available directly (i.e. via a URL) - i.e. you'd have > >only a "search page" where you'd have to enter some data and press a button
> >to get an I-D.
>
> that limits searching only to the title.

why?

The stated goal was to restrict access. The mechanism was described tersely. I'm assuming that limiting access really means limiting access, rather than just being something entirely trivial like adding one more key-click into the sequence.

d/