Re: An Internet Draft as reference material

2000-09-25 23:50:01

Tim Salo wrote:

Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 09:56:02 -0700
From: Joe Touch <touch(_at_)ISI(_dot_)EDU>
Subject: Re: An Internet Draft as reference material
      [...]
PS - is no one else alarmed by the re-publishing of material
submitted under an explicit agreement for 'removal after 6 mos'?
I know _I_ have not been asked for such permission.

To the contrary, I believe that you granted broad permissions when you
submitted a document as an Internet Draft.  For example, in
draft-touch-ipsec-vpn-00.txt you write:

From RFC 2026, Section 10.3.1.  All Contributions:

There are many IDs (a couple of which I also wrote) which
predate that RFC which are being proposed.

It is not the archival of post-2026 IDs that is of concern,
nor the basic idea of keeping an archive. However, it seems
reasonable to expect, as copyright OWNER of the material of
those pre-2026 IDs, that we be _asked_ for permission to post.

(that goes for so-called 'community interest' archives as well)

Joe