Re: Topic drift Re: An Internet Draft as reference material

2000-10-05 15:30:04
Rather than debate the matter people seem to like to go hyperbolic and
that's not useful. (Yes, Brian, you could use a search engine to find
times when I've gone hyperbolic).

I never suggested that I or anyone else should republish someone else's
work without their permission.  I cited examples of lost institutional
memory and I proposed some mechanism as a straw man.  I think we are
continuing a mistake by not removing the six month limit on I-Ds.  I'll
not repeat the rest of my argument, but I do wish you would address my
point about institutional memory.
--
Eliot Lear
lear(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com