Re: Topic drift Re: An Internet Draft as reference material

2000-10-01 19:40:03
<<On Sun, 01 Oct 2000 20:12:55 -0400, Keith Moore
<moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> said:

on the other hand, (and IMHO) making the I-D series permanently archived
will discourage folks from tossing out half-baked ideas and trying to
get others to improve on them;

The I-D series already *is* permanently, publicly archived (just not
by the IETF).  This does not seem to have discouraged a good number of
half-baked ideas (including my own miniscule contribution).

I am fairly certain that I have seen an I-D mirror which was
configured not to ever delete or even modify a file once retrieved.
(This would be fairly trivial to do in `mirror'.)

-GAWollman