Re: Topic drift Re: An Internet Draft as reference material

2000-10-01 15:10:02
Melinda Shore <mshore(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> writes:

If one were to get anal about it, legally intellectual property claims
have to be actively protected in order to remain valid.

I could be wrong, but I've always heard that this is only true of
trademarks, and at least I don't see anything in the copyright laws in the
U.S. to this effect for copyrights.

And I'd think that a lot of people would have lost their patents if this
were true of patents.

--
Russ Allbery (rra(_at_)stanford(_dot_)edu)
<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>