Re: Topic drift Re: An Internet Draft as reference material

2000-10-01 20:00:03
The I-D series already *is* permanently, publicly archived

by that logic, there's no point in IETF creating its own archive.
(after all, others are doing a fine job of it at no cost to IETF, right?)

presumably folks who want this archive believe that IETF's creation
of an archive will have some benefical effect, even given the existence
of the other archvies, otherwise there would be no point in suggesting it.
and presumably those who oppose the archive also believe it will have
a negative effect.  most of us were aware of the existence of the
other archives. we still think that an IETF archive will make some
difference.

Keith