Better yet, let's not. (was Re: Suggestion)

2000-10-19 08:40:02
Telecom Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka
<dgtsl(_at_)sri(_dot_)lanka(_dot_)net> writes:

Why cannot IETF arrange Netmeeting sessions. So that all new techniques
such as Video, Audio, White board, Chat etc. can be used to exchange the
valuable knowledge members posses.

I have a better idea. Put the meetings online using our *own* IETF RFC
multimedia protocols, to "eat our own dogfood" as it were, rather than
use a two-bit propriatarily "extended" mediocre implementation of a
painfully roccoco ISO protocol that was hacked (badly) to run over UDP
instead of ISDN, in a matter guaranteed to give ulcers and headaches
to every firewall admin on the `net.

Netmeeting? *spit* I used it for a year to "video telecommute".

--
Mark Atwood   | Freedom from want, freedom from fear, freedom from choice.
mra(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com | Is that the freedom you want?