RE: 49th-IETF conf room planning

2000-12-19 18:20:02
Someone else noted:
Participation by mail before participation in person.

EXAMPLE

        I was an active participant (e.g. ask folks in Denmark
who were involved with early MIME stuff) via email long
before I showed up in person.  To this day, I don't make
every meeting.  Before ever showing up in person, I was able
to make major impacts on MIME's support for multi-lingual
environments.

        I've seen others do similarly.  For example, I've
never run into Valdis at an IETF meeting, but he has an
impact.

ASSERTION
        So one need not attend to have an impact.

Ran