Re: Bottom feeders

2000-12-20 10:30:02
At 10:10 -0600 12/20/00, Robert G. Ferrell wrote:
 >We *should* worry about people
 >who come to the IETF once and never come back - because they probably came
 >to the wrong meeting, and went home unhappy.

Well, you've certainly convinced me never to attend a meeting.

The attitude being promulgated by the majority of these posts,
whether justified or not, is most likely to lead (IMO)
to IETF meetings populated by two distinct groups of people:

1) Old timers
2) The clueless masses

The properties of this sort of democratic process are well-known and well-understood. As any student of the Soviet Union will tell you, this is precisely how the Old Guard maintained control of the CP.