Re: Bottom feeders

2000-12-20 15:10:03
On Wed, 20 Dec 2000 13:54:22 CST, Brian E Carpenter said:
Hard  to say, but the newcomer's briefing and the Tao of the IETF are
both on the web site. Maybe we need some text on the registration page
pointing to those and suggesting strongly that people should read them
before typing in their credit card number.

In at least parts of Canada, people are required to answer "a skill testing
question" before being able to claim a lottery or similar prize (like
the ones fast food companies like to run).

Maybe we should have a pop-up that asks "what's the 3rd word in the 5th
paragraph of the Tao of IETF" before they can register. ;)

And yes, I know literacy tests for elections are illegal in the US - but
this isn't an election.
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst