Re: Bottom feeders

2000-12-20 12:30:02
A couple of years ago I did a study on IETF attendance - the data was
gathered from the IETF web site looking at email addresses for folks attending.
Of the 15 or so ompanies that were examined almost all attendees were
almost always "repeaters". I cannot be more specific because the report
still has a proprietary label on it. The only year where the "one timers"
spiked was for the San Jose meeting.

At 12:26 PM 12/20/2000 -0500, Keith Moore wrote:
> We *should* worry about people who come to the IETF once and never come
> back - because they probably came to the wrong meeting, and went home
> unhappy.

interesting idea.

so assuming that a lot of folks come to the IETF expecting something
different than it is, and going home disappointed, what can we do to
make future prospective attendees more aware of what they're getting into?

Keith

Michael W. Condry
Director, Internet Strategy
2111 N.E. 25th Ave.