Re: Denial of Service by Spamware?

2000-12-28 19:30:02
Although I know it's hopeless, I still say the right thing is for the
IETF to automatically unsubscribe anyone whose mail bears the tell tail
By tolerating the malware and being "inclusive" of those who insist on
abusing the rest of us with it, the IETF is sanctioning it.

I use Exchange, and it works fine for me. I have no settings that would
cause it to send out anything like what you've seen. If you rig it such
that my choice of mail software, which has done no harm to you,
causes my de-subscription to this list, you have discriminated against
my choice. Hardly fair.

If there's a specific technical gripe you have, say so. If it's a violation
of any RFC, I'd be pleased to personally call it to the attention of
someone in Exchange who can look at it. I worked for Microsoft
for 3 years, and know a couple of folks. No promises, I don't work
there any more, but I'd be happy to see if I can help.

If, on the other hand, you have a problem with a particular
person's misconfiguration, or addition of 3rd party software (like
virus scanners) that are spewing garbage, why not take it up
with them.

Please do let me know if I'm missing something, other than
religious aversions to Microsoft.

Christopher