Re: When presentations are a good idea (Re: IETF logistics)

2001-01-03 18:40:03
At 06:51 PM 1/3/01 -0600, Pete Resnick wrote:
On 1/3/01 at 4:26 PM -0800, Dave Crocker wrote:

To write a complete specification can be an enormous effort.
[...]
Perhaps things like introduction and architecture, along with a proposed rest of the table of contents, and maybe some samples?

Maybe I missed something, but since when did I-D's need to be complete specifications? An introduction and architecture alone would make a fine I-D and a fine starting place for WG discussion.

excellent.  convergence.

indeed I was not trying to suggest anything knew, but to find a description that would help folks know what level of effort suits such a situation.

d/

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464