Re: Number of Firewall/NAT Users

2001-01-21 20:40:02
Perhaps there is a difference with the Nynex/BA side of Verizon and the GTE part. The GTE part uses 4.x.x.x which it got from a previous acquisition.

At 07:05 PM 1/21/2001, Henning Schulzrinne wrote:
Before handing out awards: one of my colleagues here, living in
Westchester County, got a nice 10.x.x.x address (net A alright...) and
couldn't figure out why Exceed wasn't working.

However, I think it's high time to establish a "Good Housekeeping" seal
for "real" (pure, unadultared, GM-free, ...) Internet service, i.e.,

- without "transparent" caches
- no port restrictions
- no NATs

(and whatever other abominations one might want to add to this list).
Seems like a good role for ISOC, for example :-)