Re: Number of Firewall/NAT Users

2001-01-22 13:40:02
At 08:53 AM 1/22/2001, Henning G. Schulzrinne wrote:
Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> The ISOC isn't a trade association, which is where such seals
> of approval (and the associated b*ke-offs) tend to come from.

Maybe the IPv6 consortium or whatever they call themselves could do
this, since IPv6 is a (the only?) realistic alternative to NATs.

Long term, yes. But Class A addresses for all the always-on users today would eliminate a heck of a lot of NAT out there. And I wasn't referring to a "seal-of-approval". Just some sort of formal recognition.