Re: Mail sent to midcom (fwd)

2001-02-01 10:50:03
No, I don't care that having a moderator-in-the-middle filtering
everything is in the spirit of the midcom charter and must be for my
own good. I _really_ don't like the concept of an IETF-approved
poster to a mailing list on an IETF-run server.

Given how trivially easy it is to subscribe to midcom and
other IETF mailing lists I'm not sure that it's appropriate
to describe the filtering process as anything but completely
loose.  I'm also not certain that I see the value in having
people who don't read a mailing list posting to it, but okay,
whatever.  Complain about Allisat if you will, but at least
he was subscribed to the mailing lists to which he was posting
(Peter Lewis and the folks at Upperside are just spammers).

The mailing list as delivered unto us by the IETF administrator
has a preset policy of holding email from someone not on the
mailing list until it's released by an administrator.  We can
change that if people feel sufficiently strongly.

Melinda