Re: Mail sent to midcom (fwd)

2001-02-01 18:10:02
  I run many lists. They are now all restrict_post, but I always make
a corresponding -nomail list. Both are managed by majordomo, but -nomail
has defunct aliases.

  tcpdump-workers(_at_)tcpdump(_dot_)org is like this, and receives daily
posts
from people reporting problems.

if the list is set up right, people don't have to report such problems.
the suspect messages go to the moderator; the moderator either approves
them or not based on whether they're on topic for the list.  if they
are, the moderator can add the poster's address to the list of those
who can post withut moderation.

adding support for recognizing subaddresses just optimizes this
process - the moderator doesn't have to deal with quite so many
messages, and the posters who are using subaddresses don't have
even their first message delayed.

the system works fine either with our without the optimization.
but it would be nice if mailing lists weren't hostile to those
using subaddresses.

Ketih