Re: Mail sent to midcom (fwd)

2001-02-02 07:10:04
   I really don't want to participate in a flame-war about "moderation",
but

Donald E. Eastlake 3rd <dee3(_at_)torque(_dot_)pothole(_dot_)com> wrote:

As long as WG chairs are trusted to determine WG consensus, I don't
see why they can't determine if a message is obviously irrelevant to
the tasks for which a WG was created.

   It is a bad idea to assign to the same person the tasks of limiting
_input_ to a discussion and determining the _output_ of a discussion.

   We should _try_ to move away from any discussion of whether our
leaders are "trustworthy", and instead discuss whether the _structures_
in place are designed correctly to achieve our purposes.

--
John Leslie <john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net>